Entry-Level-Course: Treasury Kick-off
Discover the world of treasury management in just two days
23.11. – 24.11.2022 ONLINE
29.03. – 30.03.2023 ONLINE
EUR 1.950,– plus VAT
This training format is designed for companies with international operations, in order to specifically build up treasury knowledge among employees of local companies or to expand it in specific areas.
Treasury management has increased massively in importance at corporates in the last 30 years. Tasks that were previously managed after a fashion by the accounts department are now undertaken in dedicated treasury departments based on high professional standards in terms of expertise and IT tools.
Comprehensive treasury education at universities however is still largely in its early days, particularly when it comes to practically highlighting interdependen-cies in the area of finance.
This course is intended to close the gap and specifically demonstrate these inter-dependencies and interactions between the various specialist areas of treasury management.
Key issues covered
- Was sind die Aufgaben des Cash-Managers im Unternehmen?
- Welche Mindeststandards sind bei der Aufbau- & Ablauforganisation zu berücksichtigen?
- Welche Unterschiede gibt es in der Perspektive der Buchhaltung bzw. im Treasury? Welche betriebswirtschaftlichen Ansätze muss man verstehen?
- Welche Anforderungen bestehen gegenüber Banken?
- Was sind die aktuellen Trends im Cash-Management großer und kleiner Unternehmen?
Transparency at the heart of treasury
- Which information do treasurers need to do their work (daily, monthly, ad-hoc)?
- How does this information need to be prepared?
- Structure and contents of a financial status report
- Contents and structure of a cash flow forecast
- Who (board / general management, CFO / head of treasury, corporate finance, cash management, etc.) requires which information in which degree of detail and at which intervals?
- Which other issues are there in day-to-day treasury life (e.g. utilising credit lines, debt repayment profiles, risk reports, covenant reporting, etc.)?
- Which information does a professional financial reporting system for cash management, cash flow forecasting, corporate finance and financial risk man-agement need to include?
- What are the core functions of cash management at a company?
- What does the daily schedule of a cash manager look like?
- Which technical tools are available and how are these deployed in practice?
- Where is there latent room for improvement and how can it be tapped?
- What does cash management have to do with liquidity and financial management?
Cash flow forecasting and corporate finance
- What are the objectives of liquidity management at a company?
- How can future financing requirements be quantified?
- Which sources of funds exist and how can they be tapped?
- What does cash flow forecasting and corporate finance have to do with risk management?
Financial risk management
- Which financial risks can companies face?
- Which balance sheet and P&L positions pose financial risks? And how can they be identified?
- How can financial risks be quantified? And which (simple) instruments can be used to hedge/mitigate them?
Digitalisation in treasury
- How have system requirements developed over time?
- Which digitalisation trends exist in treasury?
- Which system providers, FinTechs and other service providers should be on your radar screen?
Junior treasurers and newcomers from other fields who in two days want to get an overview of the most important issues in treasury management as well as business customer advisers from banks who want to understand the day-to-day business of their customers from the customer perspective.
In just two days, participants gain an insight into all the tasks handled in a mod-ern treasury department. These cover not only functional issues such as cash management, corporate finance and risk management but also associated issues such as transparency, reports and digitalisation.