Financial strategy, rating and credit agreements
Creditworthiness as the basis for financial strategy considerations and its influence on financing options and contract content
23.05.2023 in Stuttgart
10.10.2023 in Vienna
EUR 1.650,- plus VAT.
The way to a suitable financial strategy is through the issue of creditworthiness. It is the central control variable in all financial strategy considerations and, in addition to the conditions, also influences the financing options and contract contents. For example, certain financing instruments are only available to companies with a good credit rating. However, the content of financing agreements is also crucially dependent on the creditworthiness of the borrower.
This seminar deals with fundamental questions of financial strategy, creditworthiness and rating, as well as current issues such as the situation on the financing market, creditworthiness-adequate loan agreement clauses or third party-comparable intercompany interest rates.
- What are the tasks of the cash manager in the company?
- What are the minimum standards to be taken into account in the organizational structure & process organization?
- What are the differences in the accounting or treasury perspective? Which business management approaches do you need to understand?
- What are the requirements vis-à-vis banks?
- What are the current trends in cash management for large and small companies?
- Regulatory content
- Examples of listed companies
Creditworthiness and rating
- What are the rating levels?
- What do investment grade and non-investment grade mean?
- How do ratings from banks and rating agencies differ?
- How can credit default swaps (CDS) be used for credit rating indication?
- What role does the liquidity reserve play in the rating?
- What quantitative models can be used for credit rating?
- What role do qualitative factors play?
- What credit rating is applied?
- Where is the optimal credit rating for a company?
- What types of bank loans are relevant for companies?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of promissory note loans and hybrid capital instruments?
- Bilateral loan vs. syndicated loan: For which situation is which contract form better suited?
- What does the current market environment look like?
Transfer prices and intercompany interest
- What does the OECD's Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) initiative say?
- How can third party comparable intercompany interest rates be determined using the "at arm's length" principle?
Credit agreement documentation
- What role does creditworthiness play in the loan agreement?
- Which typical contractual components do credit agreements contain and what should be paid attention to?
- What are the design options for critical credit agreement clauses?
Group of participants
Employees and managers who work in or are responsible for corporate finance, conduct financing negotiations with banks or manage internal financings
Creditworthiness forms the basis of all financial strategy considerations. Accordingly, the seminar starts with the topic of rating (significance, rating procedure, target credit rating) and then presents the main financing instruments and the respective contract components (including critical points and stumbling blocks).