SAP: Cash management and payment transactions
Increased efficiency and automation in S/4HANA
EUR 1.650,- plus VAT.
SAP is the leading ERP software in the German-speaking world - yet many users are not sufficiently aware of the application possibilities in treasury. SAP also offers powerful functions in cash management and payment transactions to simplify and automate daily work processes.
With SAP S/4HANA, the Cash Management module has been significantly improved: Bank accounts can now be self-managed quickly and transparently, and the cash position can be created automatically. With just a few clicks, you can analyze aggregated reports down to the line items.
Furthermore, you will learn how payment activities can be integrated centrally in SAP. We explain the advantages and disadvantages of various bank connection solutions and what the effects are when payment formats are converted to ISO20022. In addition to external payment transactions, we also address intercompany payments: We show how to reconcile and clear intercompany payments with SAP. With the implementation of payments-on-behalf, your system becomes the central hub for international payment transactions.
We will show you all seminar content live in S/4HANA, but will also go into the previous mapping in R/3 (ECC 6.0) and the differences to it. Since many functions are also already available in R/3, we will show you what you can already implement today and continue to use later in S/4HANA.
For the right treasury strategy in times of transition from R/3 to S/4HANA, we recommend our seminar "SAP: S/4HANA - what you need to know in treasury".
Our SAP Treasury seminars are held in cooperation with MMG Treasury.
- What are the tasks of the cash manager in the company?
- What are the minimum standards to be taken into account in the organizational structure & process organization?
- What are the differences in the accounting or treasury perspective? Which business management approaches do you need to understand?
- What are the requirements vis-à-vis banks?
- What are the current trends in cash management for large and small companies?
SAP Treasury at a glance
- Which options and modules does SAP offer in the treasury area and which are new with S/4HANA?
- What opportunities does SAP S/4HANA offer in treasury?
- What new functions have been added with SAP S/4HANA?
- New models briefly explained: SAP Cloud Platform (connection to the outside world), SAP Analytics Cloud (new approach to reporting and planning) and SAP Leonardo (machine learning)
Payment transactions - from payment run to direct bank communication with SAP
- How can an integrated payment platform with approval processes be implemented in SAP?
- Payment formats (ISO 20022)
- Banking communication options (SWIFT, EBICS, and H2H) and types of communication solutions from SAP multi-bank connectivity to third-party providers.
Bank Account Management
- Management of vpn bank accounts and signing authorizations
- Mapping of account hierarchies and cash pools
- Workflow for requesting and approving new bank accounts
- How is daily account reconciliation and disposition performed?
- How can an individual cash position be designed and which evaluations can be displayed in SAP Cash Management?
- How can future expected cash flows from SAP FI (general ledger) and SAP and non-SAP upstream systems (sub-ledgers) be integrated into a short-term liquidity forecast?
Processing of electronic account statements
- Automation of the reading and posting process
- Improvement in the clearing rate of open items
- New format: CAMT vs. MT940
Intercompany billing and payment factory
- Intercompany reconciliation, intercompany settlement and netting
- Mapping of intercompany payment transactions in SAP
- Mapping of cash pooling via SAP In-House-Cash (IHC)
- Implementation of a payment factory with Payments-On-Behalf
Group of participants
Employees and managers from the treasury area who are interested in the application possibilities of the SAP treasury modules
Participants will learn about the application possibilities of SAP Treasury in the areas of cash management and payment transactions - both in R3 and in S/4HANA.