Payment transactions in SAP: simple, secure, inexpensive
Increased efficiency and automation in S/4HANA
07.11.2024 in Düsseldorf
EUR 1.650,- plus VAT.
SAP is the leading ERP software in the German-speaking world - yet many people are not sufficiently aware of the application possibilities in treasury. SAP offers powerful functions for simplifying and automating daily workflows, particularly in payment transactions. Once implemented, payment transactions can be organized efficiently, securely and cost-effectively with the help of SAP.
To give you an initial overview, we will first give you a rough idea of which payment transaction modules are available for which payment transaction processes. We will then go through these together step by step. We start with payment approval. Here we will show you how payments can be monitored and released in a targeted manner with minimal effort - while at the same time minimizing bureaucracy. Once set up, new employees can be integrated without having to involve the bank.
We then turn our attention to the topic of bank communication. We have introduced this to countless customers over the years and therefore know very well how to get your payments to your banking partners in a way that minimizes effort, is cost-effective and, above all, secure. During the seminar, we will look in particular at the advantages and disadvantages of various bank connection solutions and show the effects of converting payment formats to ISO 20022.
In addition to the tried-and-tested SAP Bank Communication Management (BCM) module, our seminar will focus on the new SAP Advanced Payment Management (APM) and SAP Multibank Connectivity (MBC) solutions. After bank communication, we will focus on bank account management. With Bank Account Management (BAM), SAP provides a useful management system directly within SAP that also offers added value for payment transactions. We also discuss the sometimes somewhat neglected but nevertheless extremely important electronic bank statement management in detail.
This creates the basis for scheduling. In this seminar, we will show you how to generate these automatically in SAP and how to take both transfer postings and cash pooling structures into account.
In addition to external payment transactions, we also look at intercompany payments: We will show you how you can reconcile, clear and virtually pay intercompany payments with SAP In-House Cash (IHC). This saves you measurable time and money. In the final expansion stage, your SAP system becomes a fully automated, central hub for international payment transactions with its own payment factory.
We will show you all the seminar content live in S/4HANA and also go into the previous mapping in R/3 (ECC 6.0) and the differences. As many functions are already available in R/3, we will show you what you can introduce today and continue to use later in S/4HANA. For the right treasury strategy in times of transition from R/3 to S/4HANA, we recommend our seminar "SAP: S/4HANA - what you need to know in Treasury".
Our SAP Treasury seminars are held in cooperation with MMG Treasury.
- What are the tasks of the cash manager in the company?
- What are the minimum standards to be taken into account in the organizational structure & process organization?
- What are the differences in the accounting or treasury perspective? Which business management approaches do you need to understand?
- What are the requirements vis-à-vis banks?
- What are the current trends in cash management for large and small companies?
SAP Treasury at a glance
- Which options and modules does SAP offer in the treasury area and which are new with S/4HANA?
- What opportunities does SAP S/4HANA offer in treasury?
- What new functions have been added with SAP S/4HANA?
- New models briefly explained: SAP Cloud Platform (connection to the outside world), SAP Analytics Cloud (new approach to reporting and planning) and SAP Leonardo (machine learning)
Payment transactions - from payment run to direct bank communication with SAP
- How can an integrated payment platform with approval processes be implemented in SAP?
- Payment formats (ISO 20022)
- Banking communication options (SWIFT, EBICS, and H2H) and types of communication solutions from SAP multi-bank connectivity to third-party providers.
Bank Account Management
- Management of vpn bank accounts and signing authorizations
- Mapping of account hierarchies and cash pools
- Workflow for requesting and approving new bank accounts
- How is daily account reconciliation and disposition performed?
- How can an individual cash position be designed and which evaluations can be displayed in SAP Cash Management?
- How can future expected cash flows from SAP FI (general ledger) and SAP and non-SAP upstream systems (sub-ledgers) be integrated into a short-term liquidity forecast?
Processing of electronic account statements
- Automation of the reading and posting process
- Improvement in the clearing rate of open items
- New format: CAMT vs. MT940
Intercompany billing and payment factory
- Intercompany reconciliation, intercompany settlement and netting
- Mapping of intercompany payment transactions in SAP
- Mapping of cash pooling via SAP In-House-Cash (IHC)
- Implementation of a payment factory with Payments-On-Behalf
Group of participants
Employees and managers from the treasury area who are interested in the application possibilities of the SAP treasury modules
Participants will learn about the application possibilities of SAP Treasury in the areas of cash management and payment transactions - both in R3 and in S/4HANA.