SAP: S/4HANA - what you need to know in Treasury
We help you find the right strategy
19.09.2023 in Zurich
EUR 1.650,- plus VAT.
Many companies are currently working intensively on the changeover to SAP S/4HANA. Hardly any other topic is currently moving IT departments more. A changeover of the ERP system is also of great importance for treasury departments.
Treasury departments have to deal with this situation, regardless of whether SAP has been used in treasury to date. Because: Changes will occur for everyone - even if you use your own treasury management system (TMS): At least the interfaces and data sources will change.
Many companies are using the changeover to S/4HANA to integrate their system landscape more closely. In this respect, the question of system support in treasury also arises anew. This can be an opportunity to make treasury processes more efficient with a new or optimized system solution. In this seminar, you will learn what opportunities this situation offers you and what you should look out for.
Our SAP Treasury seminars are held in cooperation with MMG Treasury.
- What are the tasks of the cash manager in the company?
- What are the minimum standards to be taken into account in the organizational structure & process organization?
- What are the differences in the accounting or treasury perspective? Which business management approaches do you need to understand?
- What are the requirements vis-à-vis banks?
- What are the current trends in cash management for large and small companies?
SAP S/4HANA at a glance - what changes compared to the old version?
- General architecture differences
- The new look - web interface as an alternative to the SAP GUI
- What new functions does SAP S/4HANA offer in Treasury?
- New models briefly explained: SAP Cloud Platform (connection to the outside world), SAP Analytics Cloud (new approach to reporting and planning) and SAP Leonardo (machine learning)
What should your future system landscape look like?
- Possible scenarios at a glance
- What if you are already using SAP Treasury modules today and the S/4HANA conversion takes place? What will change? Which functions must be adapted? Which new functions will be added? Which new licenses must be purchased?
- Integrated system vs. side-by-side approach - what are the advantages and disadvantages?
- How can an SAP landscape be linked to your existing non-SAP TMS?
- If you are currently using a non-SAP TMS, does it make sense to convert or partially convert to treasury modules from SAP?
What are the basic IT approaches to S/4HANA implementation?
- Greenfield approach vs. brownfield approach
- On-premises vs. cloud strategy
- Why is it also important for treasurers to know the IT strategy?
- What do the approaches mean for Treasury?
- S/4HANA Best Practices
What are the strategies in the transition period to S/4HANA?
- How is daily account reconciliation and disposition performed?
- Possible intermediate solutions
- Can and should Treasury act as a pilot for S/4HANA?
- When is it worth waiting?
What does the new SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) reporting solution look like?
- Comprehensive treasury reporting in real time
- Possibilities of SAC for liquidity planning
A brief insight into the system: SAP S/4HANA
- Navigation, look and feel
- Insight into the most important apps
Group of participants
Treasury employees and managers who are confronted with an ERP conversion to S/4HANA and are interested in the application possibilities of the SAP Treasury modules
Based on a presentation of the new functions in SAP S/4HANA, possible future system landscapes will be outlined and strategic implementation issues discussed. A live demonstration of the most important new functions will conclude the seminar.