Establish and review treasury management policies, guidelines and limit systems
13.03. - 14.03.2024 in Vienna
EUR 2.100,- plus VAT.
A lack of guidelines or inadequate organizational requirements in the treasury area contribute significantly to increased risks or losses. The timely identification, limitation and professional management of operational and financial risk potential is therefore of particular importance. Recommendations from associations, new legal regulations and requirements from supervisory authorities increasingly require the establishment of an early warning system for risk management in the company. The seminar will focus on the implementation of these proposals in practice and their operational impact on corporate treasury management.
- What are the tasks of the cash manager in the company?
- What are the minimum standards to be taken into account in the organizational structure & process organization?
- What are the differences in the accounting or treasury perspective? Which business management approaches do you need to understand?
- What are the requirements vis-à-vis banks?
- What are the current trends in cash management for large and small companies?
Organization and framework for action
- Basics of financial mathematics (net present value, duration, volatility)
- Treasury guidelines
- Principles, specifications and limits for liquidity, interest rate and currency risk management in the company
- Structure/process organization
- Risk profiles of financial instruments
- Reporting, evaluation and systems requirements
- Why are many limit systems in the company deficient?
- What role do net present value, volatility and duration play in limit management?
- What limits are necessary, what do they protect against (and what don't they protect against)?
- What should be considered when setting loss or position limits?
- How specifically can gains or losses be determined in treasury and how are they reflected in treasury or accounting?
- What are the risk profiles of the main interest rate and currency derivatives?
- What are the main usages in futures and options transactions?
- What needs to be considered in particular when mapping them in reporting and processing them?
- What are the minimum reporting requirements for a clear presentation of financial risks?
- What are the most common causes of published treasury losses?
- What can be learned from the most spectacular cases?
- Where are frequent weaknesses in goals, objectives, or the organization?
- What errors keep creeping into reports?
- What is the most efficient way to audit a corporate treasury function?
Group of participants
Audit staff, finance managers, managing directors and CFOs who need to gain an overview of this complex subject matter