Credit agreements from a financial perspective
Structure, content, scope for design and stumbling blocks
13.06.2023 in Vienna
EUR 1.650,- plus VAT.
This seminar deals with the structure, regulatory content and structuring options of bilateral bank loans and syndicated financing agreements. The focus is always on a financial analysis and not on a legal assessment. Case studies will be used to work out the best possible contractual structure, taking into account various initial situations.
- What are the tasks of the cash manager in the company?
- What are the minimum standards to be taken into account in the organizational structure & process organization?
- What are the differences in the accounting or treasury perspective? Which business management approaches do you need to understand?
- What are the requirements vis-à-vis banks?
- What are the current trends in cash management for large and small companies?
- Influence of company-specific factors on credit negotiations
- Effects of external influences on credit negotiations
- Contract types and characteristics of various financing instruments
- Mapping of the corporate strategy in a sustainable financing structure
- Expectations of external investors
- Central vs. local financing structures
- Limits of structural subordination (subordination)
- Bilateral vs. consortium financing
- Development of an optimal financing structure for an example company
Components of credit agreements
- Structure of credit agreements
- Interaction and interaction of different contractual arrangements
- Differences investment grade / non-investment grade
- Possibilities for structuring the most important contractual clauses
- Critical contract components
- Freedom and room for maneuver
Structure and essence of the syndicated loan
- General contract structure
- Role of the banks involved
- Guarantor concept
- Special features
Group of participants
Employees and managers who work in or are responsible for corporate finance, conduct financing negotiations with banks and want to acquire knowledge of loan agreements that goes beyond the basics
After a brief introduction to the current market environment and possible external influences on financing negotiations, basic aspects of the financing structure (central vs. local, bilateral vs. syndicated) will be discussed. Subsequently, the contents of various loan agreements will be discussed, with a particular focus on structuring options, interactions and stumbling blocks.