Supply Chain Finance & Working Capital Management
Recognize, understand and realize potentials
27.04.2023 in Vienna
30.11.2023 in Vienna
EUR 1.650,- plus VAT.
This seminar deals with the components and influencing factors of active working capital management along the cash conversion cycle. The first part primarily deals with the identification and realization of potentials through internal process optimization with a focus on accounts receivable and accounts payable. Building on this, the second part deals with further optimization possibilities through the use of supply chain finance solutions. Case studies are used to develop practical problems, taking into account various initial situations.
- What are the tasks of the cash manager in the company?
- What are the minimum standards to be taken into account in the organizational structure & process organization?
- What are the differences in the accounting or treasury perspective? Which business management approaches do you need to understand?
- What are the requirements vis-à-vis banks?
- What are the current trends in cash management for large and small companies?
Building blocks and adjusting screws in working capital management
- Definition and components of working capital
- Working capital in the narrower sense: receivables, inventories, payables
- Adjusting screws along the cash conversion cycle
- Potential analysis: Identifying and quantifying liquidity effects
- Influence of working capital on company value and credit rating
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Management
- Optimization opportunities in the sales process: customer credit risk, payment terms, invoicing, due dates, dunning process
- Optimization options in the purchasing process: master data, payment terms, invoice release, payment run control, due dates, cash discount
- Reporting and key figures
Supply Chain Finance
- Term delimitation, definition and instrument overview
- Factoring, Reverse Factoring and Dynamic Discounting: Functionality, Advantages and Disadvantages, Areas of Application
- Provider overview and market trends: banks and fintechs
- Criteria in the selection of instruments and providers
- Procedure of a selection process
Group of participants
Employees and managers who work in or are responsible for finance, who (want to) take a closer look at modern working capital management and who want to gain insight into the possibilities of supply chain finance solutions.
After a brief introduction to the general building blocks and fundamentals of working capital management, possibilities for process optimization and liquidity generation in the area of accounts receivable and accounts payable are first worked out. Supply chain finance solutions and providers will then be presented. Participants will learn which criteria are important when selecting a provider and how to proceed.